Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, 2014



Minha família querida, 

This week was pretty good. We helped this man that we taught a long time ago. We thought that he wasn't progressing and he moved super far, but then we thought that we should stop by and visit him. Before, he had a huge smoking problem. But now, he doesn't smoke at all. It is pretty cool to see the change in people. He is a lot more happy and he is very excited for his baptism. IT will probably be in a few weeks because he is having trouble going to church.... but it is another problem that we get to work through. 

Transfers have already come! This transfer flew by really quick. My companion is being transferred. It will be really interesting. 6 weeks is not enough time to know the city completely, but I am sure I will remember how to get around fine. 

Your question about the world cup, it is in June. I really don't know how the work will go well during this time. Here everyone loves soccer and nothing gets in the way of their team playing and them watching. Sadly enough going to church is one of those things. But we will cross that bridge when it comes. 

We have a lot of new ideas for the church here. As you saw our chapel isn't a real welcoming place, but it is what we have to deal with for now. This week we looked at a lot of houses that are being sold so that we rent them for the church. We found a few good ones. It is a harder process than I thought. You have to think about every aspect in buying a house for the church. Enough space, rooms, bathrooms, baptismal font, locations.... I am hoping that we will find and rent by the end of this week. after that the church will send a lot of stuff, computers, hymn books, manuals, and all the other stuff for a chapel. 

This week I will get to pick up your package that you sent! we are going their for transfers and for a mission tour. Elder cruz will be there. He is one of the 70. It should be pretty cool.

Well time is crunching. I hope all is well and I love all of you! Have a good week. 

LOVE elder wild
the photos: one is of the young men/young women in the branch, one is of a new type of music that we heard this week in a baptist church. hahaha and the other is of a Christus that I saw. I wasn't sure that I sent it to you




No comments:

Post a Comment