Monday, October 7, 2013

Oct 7, 2013

So this week the President gave a rule saying if you don't have any investigators to attend conference with you, you can't go... I was super nervous! So we prayed and taught and found. It was sad because some missionaries had to stand out in the foyer until they had investigators. 

It was a good conference. From what I understood... I had to watch it in portuguese which was rough. I learned a lot but it was not the same. To actually hear the Prophet is a blessing! They do voice-overs so occasionally you will hear his voice and a bit of english, but normally just a monotoned translator. A fun fact: Elder Richard G. Scott speaks portuguese so he did a pre recording and they played that during his talk. It was nice to hear an apostles voice. I also liked the choir cause that was in English. For the most part, I understood it. It is just different cause you don't have the intensity of Elder Holland and all the others. 

I really liked President Monsons talk when he talked about his wife. That was really neat! But my favorite thing was that many of the talks were about the members needing to work with the missionaries. It is such a great help when they do! 

But all in all I was just grateful to be there watching conference. I asked one of our investigators (Mateus) what he thought of conference and he loved all of it. He watched the saturday sessions with us. But on sunday he watched it with his family on the internet. His whole family lives on that lot so we teach all of them when we come. They say that they love us coming over and teaching them and that they feel good when we are there. 

This week we had a lot of rain! There was one day when the roads were just rivers. There was about 8 inches of water in the streets. We had to time our crossings perfectly; otherwise, the cars would spray us. I thought it was fun... my companion probably wouldn't agree. 

So I still have my companion... But I think next week we will have another transfer meeting cause a lot of missionaries are done after this week. Elder Batista only has this transfer and one more so everyone thinks he will be transferred. 

The sisters in our area were good this week. They had a baptism. It was right after conference. They haven't had any weird things happen this week which is good. Last week I said that they stayed in our house... Only for 30 minutes while we got the locks changed... just so that is clear! hahaha

Here are some answers to your questions:

Are you getting enough sleep?

Yep, every morning I wake up at 6:25 wide awake and ready to roll. 
  
How is your mission going? 

It is going good. Companion is tough. I am living by the principle "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." So I will leave it at that. But I am working hard. 
 
Are you getting immersed into the Portuguese language?

Portuguese is a fun language. I taught an english class last week and it was really hard to speak in english. This is really good! haha. Conference in portuguese was a good experience. But it would be nice to hear in english next time.  I tried teaching in English a while ago, it was hard. But it is a blessing to be able to teach in a different language. 

Are you able to visit a single ward and how big is the ward?

Not sure if there is a singles ward... but our ward is huge. 

Hope all is well for the wedding! Sorry to add stress on top of that about my message not getting through last week. 

So I kept the family tradition going. I went and bought candy. it was 27,50 or something. So in our dollars around $12. It was fun to eat the candy in the chapel. 

I cant remember if I said this in the last email or not but I made cookies for some of our recent converts. They liked them a lot! Although in Brazil they only have margarine so it is not the same, but it is fun to make different food for them. 

I will be praying for you all!

Love 

Elder Wild

Thanks for everything!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment