Monday, October 7, 2013

Sept 23rd, 2013

Thank you for thinking of me and sending that package!

Generally I would say that I can go without the conference treats but because you said that I need to keep the family tradition going, I will. haha

I am excited for general conference too! I'm not sure if I will be able to watch it in english or not. And I think we watch it the weekend after you so that they can do all the voice overs.  It will be a good opportunity to invite people to come out and listen to the prophet. 

This has been a crazy week. We have two sets of elders in our ward and one of the elders finished his last transfer this week. So now we are in a trio. Transfers are this week. I don't know if we will be transferred or not but people keep calling us to make sure that our house is super clean, and that our Area Book is all nice and neat. So I think there is a good chance that we will be transferred. 

The language is getting better and better as always. It is good to see the lords hand in helping me learn the language. 

This week we didn't teach very many lessons which was a bummer but every lesson we did have was amazing. The spirit was super strong and the people want to learn more. But they don't pray. My companion has interesting ways of getting people to be baptized. He likes to find the elect. (the people that are basically ready to be baptized), BUT there are so many more people that we can work  with. My zone leader told me to just follow and I will have my chance to do things my way some day. Right now, I just have to have faith that this will work. We had another baptism in our ward this week. It was the sister and her son of a family that were baptized two years ago. It was a good baptism service. 

My companion is a good guy and he likes to help me. I have learned a lot from him. The best way for us to get along is to just talk to each other. It gets boring sometimes when we just walk in silence. But I have faith that it will get better. 

This week we also found out how big our area is. For one, our Bishop lives 60km away. We had lunch in a different city on sunday. It was about a 40 minute bus ride out to the city, and a fifteen minute walk. When we came back, the bus did not stop to pick us up because it was already full. So we crossed the street and took the bus further away from our city and back around. It was about an hour and half. I fell asleep on the bus and when I woke up, there were so many people on the bus! It was very packed. It was a good thing we did this cause the bus just kept going past the stop we were waiting at. 

This week I focused on talking with everyone in the street. It made the work so much more fun because I was able to share short messages and make appointments for the weekend. It makes me a lot more happy and less tired when I do this. And people ask me which state I am from because my accent is different. I tell them that I am from the United States and they are impressed with my language. They ask me how long I have been studying the language. And I say: almost three months. And they don't believe me. They tell me that it is impossible. hahaha. I tell them that with the power of God it is possible. 

Thank you for all your prayers of safety and strength! They are  working! 

I love you all! 

Elder Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment