Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16th, 2014

Oi família!!! 

This week was super fun and super hard working! It was cool, our zone leader told us that Satan would work more hard during the Cup so we should take this opportunity to work even more hard! We found some super good investigators this week. If we would have gone into the week thinking all is lost because people would be tuned into the cup 24/7 then that is exactly what would happen. So we just worked super hard and still brought tons of people to church. Normally we have to go wake everyone up before church starts, but we didnt have time this week because we had a baptism before church, but everyone still came to church. During the actual game of Brazil we go back to our house and just study or clean the house. I also took the time to learn a few more talents. This week I learned how to play the piano and played the hymns this week in sacrament meeting. haha never thought I would be the ward pianist in my life. hahaha 

The ward members here are super good, whenever they see someone new, they always just take them on a tour of the church and show them all the rooms and explain everything! It is pretty awesome to see that! 

These past few weeks I had been studying really hard in the Bible and this week all this studying paid off. We had about 15 minutes before going back to the house and we just thought to knock a few doors close to our house. He and his wife let us in and we started talking and sharing the restoration. He studied the Bible really hard before and tons of other stuff. Because I had studied the Bible pretty hard these last weeks I saw the promisse of Doctrine and Covenants be fullfilled. 

 21 Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word,and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shallhave my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto theconvincing of men.

He believed in everything that we taught him because we showed him the evidence of our message in the scriptures. It was pretty neat. He went to Church this week and he said he will read through the Book of Mormon quickly. 

I really am grateful to be here in Brazil serving. It is a blessing to be hear. I am grateful for my family that supports me too. 

I will always pray for you guys!
Love, 
Elder Wild
O I forgot one thing.... because visas are really hard to come by in Brazil the Church always sends the missionaries home a little sooner then the full two years so that other missionaries can come in. I am not sure how it will work or when I will come home but my certificate of being a minister expires June 16th. 2015....... one year today!!! 
But I will cross that bridge when I get there. hahaha
Love you GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment