Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 14

Family, 

Happy Birthday!!!!! I thought and prayed for you a lot on your birthday. Today we plan to go to the post office to send your package. I went to send it last week but the post office was closed due to the holiday. I have been praying a lot for you guys this week. I know that God has a plan. 

I was transferred too. I was transferred to an other area in Rio Verde. I am in a branch called Popular. It is a pretty cool  branch and we never fault lunch. My companion will be the first American companion. His name is Elder Haskell. He is pretty cool and I can tell that we will get a lot of work done. Yesterday President Kuceki visited the branch and gave a talk that was really good. He talked about how Rio Verde is really close to turn into a stake. He gave a calling to every member to be a `supervisor of the missionaries` He said that he wants all the members to tell their friends that they have this new calling and they need to see how the missionaries teach. So they invite people to hear the lessons so that they can supervise us. haha It is a good way to find people to teach. He also talked about the importance of the Sabbath day and giving support to all of our leaders. It was a really good talk!

We had a baptism this Saturday. It was a good one. I also had to stop a baptism from happening. haha A family had a son that was turning 8 so they had a baptism for him. They called us and said that they need us to help them out in the chapel. We went over there and they wanted us to be the witnesses. I asked them if the branch president knew about the baptism. She said no. I told her that her son needs to be interviewed by him before he can be baptized. She was confused because her husband has the priesthood to baptize. I had to explain to her that he has the priesthood, but not the keys. But we called the branch president and he came over, gave an interview, and her son was baptized this weekend with our baptism. 

I hope you know that I am keeping all the rules! Both you and Dad said something about keeping the rules. haha 

I hope your Birthday was super good and I am excited for you to get your package. It is really cool! Thank you again for everything that you have done for me. I am so grateful to have such good parents. Especially a good mom! 

I love you all and I look forward to our skype call in a few weeks. I am sure that it will come up here pretty soon. 
Love, 
Elder Wild 


No comments:

Post a Comment