Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

Family and Friends, 

I am really happy to read your emails! Its good to hear the Easter is really special there! Hahaha our Easter was interesting. People in Brazil like the holidays, but sometimes they forget why they have the holiday. But we have seen many miracles this week! 

We found this family and the dad had a drinking problem. He was drunk nearly 24/7! All the neighbors want/wanted to kill him, (not literally but kind of) We went their and he was drunk, but we still gave a message. He started crying saying that he wants a change. We gave a priesthood blessing on him. It was pretty neat! The next day we returned and we taught the word of wisdom and made sure that he did not have any drink left. Since then he has been sober and wants to be baptized. He brought a picture of a temple for him to look at when he is tempted. He hung it up on the wall and it illuminates their room! It was pretty neat, the other day their neighbors called us over to talk with them. They said that we were crazy to help them and that there is nothing we can do to help them. She just went on and on and on about how we are wasting our time with them. I got the prompting to give a short message with them. We started to teach about the power of the Atonement. She got really quiet. Then I told her that God loves our investigator (her neighbor) just as much as any other person in this world. Then I told her that we have the authority to change his life. It was pretty awesome! But please pray for him! His name is Luiz Carlos! 

My companion is doing really good! He can teach pretty good and its fun being with him. But we got a call the other day that he is being transferred to another area on wed. We will just have to see where I will go or if I will stay here. Either way I know that our Mission President receives revelation on where we need to go and who we need to be with. 

This week I studied a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Church that he established here on the earth. It was pretty cool. I realized that if people understand the Atonement, they will do anything to accept this gift. If they understand the Atonement they will, read, go to church to show their love for God and the sacrifice of Christ, they will progress, and they will plead to be baptized. The more I study, the more I realize how real this Church is and that this really is THE Church of Jesus Christ. 

I almost sent a package for you this week, but I didn't want to send just a simple card, so I have been putting a few things together to make a cool present! But I am sorry that it wont get to you on time for your birthday, but for sure by Mothers Day! Did Jenna get her card yet? I hope so. 

Wow I couldn't believe the temple of Meridian!! Super Beautiful!! 

Hope you have a wonderful week! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! I am so grateful to have a family so awesome and supportive! Of course I am and will pray for you all always! 

Love, 
Elder Wild

photo: This is what I woke up to. hahaha a river in the street. It rains pretty hard here. But I think that the rain season is almost done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment