Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5th, 2014

Family!!! 

I am glad to hear that you made it home safe with the camper. I know that God is always watching out for us. Especially this week! My companion and I were crossing a street and these two guys came flying by and I think they wanted to scare us by driving right into us and swerving at the last minute. Of course God was protecting us and their motorcycle flipped over and dumped them on the pavement. They just glared at us, picked up their motorcycle and drove off. hahahaha 

My new companion is super cool! He is from Utah. WE talk english at times, but normally just Portuguese. It is a little harder to think of how to talk in english. It comes out, but I have to think of what I am saying. But when we do talk its funny because people gives us these funny looks cause they don't know what we are talking about.  But we got a call the other day and he will be transferred later this afternoon. He has to travel to Goiania and my new companion will be coming out. But the area is super good. We never fault lunch, and the members are really good! There is a attendance of 130-140. It is pretty big for a branch. For fast and testimony meeting while the branch president was bearing his testimony and before he turned the time over to the members, about 30 people stood up and just walked up to the pulpit to bear their testimony. It was pretty funny. It was a good testimony meeting. 

Our mission president gave us this book called the power of member missionary work. I think you read it when I was leaving. It is really good! It is by Clay Christensen. I really like it! and if you haven't read it, READ IT! I am flying through it but it talks about how we need to do the missionary work. 

It is really cool to see the Lords hand in our work. We are constantly being blessed with good people to teach that really want a change in their life. It is pretty fun to be completely immersed in the work. It is sad at times when we see them not progress, but we do our part to help them. 

I am looking forward to talking to you guys too! I am way excited! Remember 40 min. It is a rule that the Lord gave to our leaders. But it will be awesome to hear you guys. I am pretty sure that we will skype after church. 9-12. There is a 3 hour difference so at noon it will be 9am your time. Normally we will go to lunch after church and call after. It will probably be 12 your time that we will call. That should put you in church on time. It will be harder to skype after you get home because it will be 7 our time. But if before your church doesn't work, something elsewill work. But expect an email or call or something from 11-1. Ill shoot for 12 your time. Ill first get on email and get an address or something, then make the call. Will we do it through Jordans ibook? 

This week the mission will start a Book of Mormon read. I am looking forward to it. It will be really nice to read everyday in our study and be learning something that everyone else is learning. 

I look forward to talking with you guys!

Love
Elder Wild


No comments:

Post a Comment