Saturday, August 3, 2013

Aug 2, 2013

This week has been really good!
 
Portuguese is going well and I am having fun. This week we went to the police station to get registered. It was really fun cause there were a bunch of other missionaries out in the field that were there and they talked to us. Also there is an instructor that just got off his mission from Goiania. He has met my mission president because he is new, but he said that I will love it. The food is good and so are all the people. I am really looking forward to it and can't wait to go out! I like learning but you know me, I don't like sitting inside all day long. Only a week and a half left!
 
2 stories:
 
Elder Adams (the CTM doctor) was talking about how all the South Americans are so used to socialized healthcare that is annoying because they will come in for chapped lips, runny nose, or a slight cough. He said that is why he left his practice in Utah because it was getting that way. He said he wishes people would just do their best to take care of themselves then come to the doctor as they need help.
 
My teacher was going to get pizza one night for his wife, new born baby, and another couple and he left them home and went to go get pizza with the other Dad. When they came out of the store there were 2 guys standing by their car and told them to give them the keys. They claimed they had guns and told them to run. Because it is illegal for anyone but the police to have guns all they could do was run. They quick hoped on a bus and called the police. He said that this happens often in these big cities. They normally have young teenagers do the crime because when they go to jail, as soon as they turn 18 they are released. He said that the theives were both very young and looked like they were 16.
 
The cool part of the story is that the Church was a day late in paying him and if he would have been paid on time, he would have had R$1000 in his car that would have been lost for good.  He quick went home, and had the locks changed on his house and his safe but he said it was really scary!
 
We went to temple again today! It was awesome! I set a goal to stay awake in the endownment sessions because I have had trouble with that in the past. I get a lot more out of every session! Its awesome!
 
I went to go get the  milkshake last week but it was cold and the owner's son( who is serving in peru soon) told me to come back next week when it was warmer cause then it would be more rewarding! haha I am glad I waited! I am excited to get it! Thank you again in advance!
 
I don't need anything. I am going to go get some neosporin today and some face wash too. Other than that, I am good!
 
There are 4 of us going to Goiania here at the ctm, me, a Hispanic, and 2 Brazilians. The time is ticking down! More people are getting their visas too! Next week 26 Americans will receive their visas. Some will come to the CTM but some will go straight to the field cause they have been on a reassignment.
 
Tell Jayson to treat the CRV nice! hahaha He will do good! He is a more conservative driver than me!
 
I love you VERY much and look forward to every letter and email!
 
Have a great week!
 
Thank you for your prayers!
 
Elder Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment